ADS SPECIAL EDUCATION CENTER
AUTISM / DOWN SYNDROMES SPECIAL EDUCATION CENTER
The design aim of ADS special education city is to redesign & transform orphan city to a special education city for autism & down syndromes in order to achieve the maximum capacity of buildings currently available spaces in order to achieve the desired functional goals of Tatweer Holding Co. For the project by providing largest possible number of diagnostic clinics, education/teaching rooms, therapy rooms,...etc.
• Classrooms /Teaching rooms Capacity (200 pupils - child autism+300 pupils child down syndrome)
• Bed wards rooms Capacity (200 beds -single accommodation bedrooms communal areas)
• .Therapy rooms (Classified by Gender /Age /clinical needs)
• Seclusion & De-escalation areas
• Entrance area & Visitors facilities /rooms
• Staff Facilities & Admin.
• Other Support Facilities(Restaurants/laundry/Kitchens/Sanitary Spaces)
• Outdoor Areas( Sports-yards/Sitting areas/Courtyards/Horticulture/Houses for pets/Relaxation outdoor areas/Pools)
DESIGN FOR PRIVACY / DIGNITY / INTERACTION
Design strategy is drawn as per capacity required and referring to HBN 03-02 CAMHS estimations, schedule of accommodation proposed a classification. Classification based on groups clustering unit, with living and sleeping areas grouped and classified as per gender, age and clinical needs with shared common areas.
Residential separate prototype buildings are classified as follows:
• RIGHT & LEFT WINGS __gender classification: 12 buildings ( 6 bldgs at right side for female + 6 bldgs. at left side for male)
• CLUSTERING __clinical need : 6 buildings at each side will be clustered as follows ( each cluster is composed of 3 buildings ; 3 buildings cluster for child/adolescents autism + 3 buildings cluster for child/adolescents down syndromes)
• SEPARATE BUILDINGS __age classification : each building houses different age groups will accommodate classrooms/teaching areas at ground floor & single bed wards at 1st & 2nd floors ( 1 bldg. for early ages + 1 for middle ages + 1 bldg. for adolescents )
|Dimension value||Dimension unit|
|Plot area||89000.00||Meter ²|